An Update in the Spring of 2023

An Update in Photos:

For spring break my family traveled around some towns in and near the MI River. It was our first trip of the summer in our camper, and it felt very good to be back into the swing of things camping-wise. Although I did have a hard time remembering HOW to do "stuff" that we need to know. My favorite thing about the trip was when we walked out to Potosi Point in Potosi, WI to watch the sunset over the Mississippi River. 

We have been getting our yard ready for spring! Mostly working on cleaning and organizing; also tossing old and broken toys and tools, etc. Oliver is officially old enough now to help with the dog waste, which is fantastic! So GLAD we had kids!



Before the weather turned wonky, we got some hiking in on our break! I had read about the Pelicans returning to Nygren Wetlands, so we went out there with my aunt planning to walk 2.5 miles, but instead, got in a surprising 4 miles! At the end of the loop, the path was so flooded that we could not get around, so we had go back and repeat the last two miles again. Always an adventure.



To celebrate April Fools, these fools and I went for a hike with 815 Outside at Severson Dells. They had some "fun" pranks along the way. Not what we would have imagined, but clever in their own way. It was cold and rainy. But still enjoyable getting to see the stream and dells.




Although the storms and tornadoes did not give us any direct problems, we did know people affected by them. Patrick's parents lost a tree (and their mailbox), so Patrick spent some time helping to chop up all that wood into smaller pieces to get it out of the street. We also had friends lose power so they ended up staying one night in our camper to keep warm. 





One of our dear friends had a beautiful first birthday party! A good time was had by all at the Kidspot in Roscoe. My children enjoy any activity where they get to run around like mad. We also received these "paint your own cookies" again. LOVE THESE! Super fun. AND very tasty!







Pat and Oliver got to visit the police station in Roscoe with the Cub Scouts. 






I received my Lion's Club roses from my aunt and uncle. I have gotten these each year since forever, and I look forward to them each and every spring! Charley likes them, too. They smell amazing! Charlotte chose one to "dry out" in her room. Hopefully, we can do something cool with the petals when they are dry.




Oliver has been doing IAR prep in school this week. His teacher made the prep into a giant carnival game where he can earn tickets for good behavior and participation. HE LOVES IT. I am so glad God sent us to Prairie Hill.
Both Oliver and Charlotte have been really interested in "working out" lately. They use the treadmill, the rowing machine, and the small dumbbells. Sometimes they spent hours downstairs playing "Workout School." 


AND I am continuing my love of reading. Currently, I am reading MANY books right now including, but not limited to Greenlights by Matthew McConaughay and the Parenting the Wholehearted Child by Jeannie Cunnion. Both are good. One is for fun. One I desperately need as I navigate this whole "raising kids in this crazy world" thing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons about life, love, and myself from my 35th year; Hello 36!

A collection of thoughts after day 1 of year 14: