tRyiNg
Today I listened as my son told me about his day at preschool.
Mom. Mom. Mom. We played in centers today. And my teacher said friends who are good can get a jelly bean. I stayed on green today, but my class wasn't good so we didn't get to eat a jelly bean. Then I told my friends to hide from my teacher! And we jumped out and said, "Boo!" and my teacher screamed and she smiled and we all ran to her and hugged her because we love her so much. And then in Spanish class, my teacher told us to pretend to take a Siesta so we pretended and then she told my other teacher that we were sleeping and then we jumped up and said, "Boo!" and she screamed again! And we ran and hugged her again because we love her. And then I played again, and I had a fruit roll up. And tomorrow I want to bring yogurt to school. And that's all. What's for dinner?
What might one of MY students say when they tell their parents about school?
This morning, Mrs. Vanek bought a new lamp, and she was trying to put it together in the hallway while we were coming in and while she was there, a kid hid in her closet. And then she came in and he came out and said, "Oh bummer. She is here. I thought we had a sub." Then we had to practice our spelling words, but the kid next to me kept talking, so I was very distracted. After that we had to do a group activity where we review grammar concepts from throughout the year, but the kids in my group wouldn't help me so I had to be the scribe, and the speaker, and figure out the answer alone. Then after I presented the answer, another kid called me a teacher's pet. In math we are learning about surface area. My teacher tries to let us do hands-on activities, but it is too hard to follow the instructions because we can't hear her over all of the talking of everyone who isn't paying attention. So today we just did a worksheet. And she even let us work in partners which was nice, but it was loud and hard to concentrate. After music class, she gave us time to read or finish the math worksheet. She had to keep walking around and around telling kids to take out a book or a pencil and start working. It made me dizzy watching her walk around in circles for 10 minutes. At recess, a kid was crying and another kid was lying and my teacher was trying to help and get to the bottom of the problem. Reading class went well because she told everyone that if they didn't finish their project, they couldn't go on the field trip. I thought it was a little strict, but at least it was quiet, and I could concentrate on my work. I know other kids were working, and I know others were playing games, and others were using googledocs to chat with each other, but at least it was quiet. It was a nice day today, so she took us out to walk laps for our mileage goals. I tried to walk away from everyone else because there was a big group of kids causing drama and talking bad about each other and my teacher. Our science project is fun, and my teacher told us it would be better than taking another test. We are tired of taking tests, so I am happy to do something else, but it is hard to work when others complain and say mean and negative things all the time. At the end of the day, we did a quick review of things we have learned. Lots of kids didn't remember basic stuff. One kid threw his paper on the ground and refused to work. Then my teacher asked us to put away our stuff and she said it several times but some kids were not hearing her so she said someone's name and that kid yelled, "What? I didn't do anything!" in a horrible nasty voice and my teacher had to explain that she had asked three times but he hadn't listened and instead of saying sorry he said, "Fine!" When the bell rang, my teacher stood at the doorway and offered a fist bump to each student in our class. She smiled and said, "Have a good night! See you tomorrow!" like she was so happy to know she would see us tomorrow. And that's all. What's for dinner?
Mom. Mom. Mom. We played in centers today. And my teacher said friends who are good can get a jelly bean. I stayed on green today, but my class wasn't good so we didn't get to eat a jelly bean. Then I told my friends to hide from my teacher! And we jumped out and said, "Boo!" and my teacher screamed and she smiled and we all ran to her and hugged her because we love her so much. And then in Spanish class, my teacher told us to pretend to take a Siesta so we pretended and then she told my other teacher that we were sleeping and then we jumped up and said, "Boo!" and she screamed again! And we ran and hugged her again because we love her. And then I played again, and I had a fruit roll up. And tomorrow I want to bring yogurt to school. And that's all. What's for dinner?
What might one of MY students say when they tell their parents about school?
This morning, Mrs. Vanek bought a new lamp, and she was trying to put it together in the hallway while we were coming in and while she was there, a kid hid in her closet. And then she came in and he came out and said, "Oh bummer. She is here. I thought we had a sub." Then we had to practice our spelling words, but the kid next to me kept talking, so I was very distracted. After that we had to do a group activity where we review grammar concepts from throughout the year, but the kids in my group wouldn't help me so I had to be the scribe, and the speaker, and figure out the answer alone. Then after I presented the answer, another kid called me a teacher's pet. In math we are learning about surface area. My teacher tries to let us do hands-on activities, but it is too hard to follow the instructions because we can't hear her over all of the talking of everyone who isn't paying attention. So today we just did a worksheet. And she even let us work in partners which was nice, but it was loud and hard to concentrate. After music class, she gave us time to read or finish the math worksheet. She had to keep walking around and around telling kids to take out a book or a pencil and start working. It made me dizzy watching her walk around in circles for 10 minutes. At recess, a kid was crying and another kid was lying and my teacher was trying to help and get to the bottom of the problem. Reading class went well because she told everyone that if they didn't finish their project, they couldn't go on the field trip. I thought it was a little strict, but at least it was quiet, and I could concentrate on my work. I know other kids were working, and I know others were playing games, and others were using googledocs to chat with each other, but at least it was quiet. It was a nice day today, so she took us out to walk laps for our mileage goals. I tried to walk away from everyone else because there was a big group of kids causing drama and talking bad about each other and my teacher. Our science project is fun, and my teacher told us it would be better than taking another test. We are tired of taking tests, so I am happy to do something else, but it is hard to work when others complain and say mean and negative things all the time. At the end of the day, we did a quick review of things we have learned. Lots of kids didn't remember basic stuff. One kid threw his paper on the ground and refused to work. Then my teacher asked us to put away our stuff and she said it several times but some kids were not hearing her so she said someone's name and that kid yelled, "What? I didn't do anything!" in a horrible nasty voice and my teacher had to explain that she had asked three times but he hadn't listened and instead of saying sorry he said, "Fine!" When the bell rang, my teacher stood at the doorway and offered a fist bump to each student in our class. She smiled and said, "Have a good night! See you tomorrow!" like she was so happy to know she would see us tomorrow. And that's all. What's for dinner?
Comments
Post a Comment