Test Me, Mold Me, Try Me
"Search me, O God, and know my heart.
Test me, and know my anxious thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you;
lead me on the path to everlasting life."
Psalm 139:23-24
Day 4
November 19, 2022
A recap:
- Unlock the heart and allow the Lord to know every corner.
- God has the Power to clean out the heart if I ask Him to do so.
- Doubting is normal; I want to communicate my doubts with God so He can help them to fade.
And now, today, I want to focus on the "Test me..." section. I did some research. I read this verse in five or six different translations, and the word "test" was in almost every single one. I also read many commentaries and studies about this verse and most of them focused on the idea that the heart hides thoughts that lead to sin.
The commentary from MacClaren states, "'Search' is the divine scrutiny of the inner man by the eye; 'test' is the trial as metals are tried and proved by the fiery furnace."
I like this. This is comforting. Because as I meditated on this verse yesterday, I realized that waiting on the Lord is big part of this experience. And the longer I wait, the more I am tested, the stronger I become.
"Test me..." mold my heart to look more like Yours. Burn away the sin. Take Your time so that the result is perfect for You to use to further Your Kingdom.
Amen.

Comments
Post a Comment