Fun: day 2
January 2, 2023

So my word for this year is FUN- chosen by my five-year-old.
When I reflect on this in my life, it isn’t so much a desire to DO more fun things or even HAVE more fun. For me, it’s more about making the ordinary, everyday, often mundane things of life into memories of fun.
Here is an example from today:
My husband had the day off- which means he was home when the kids and I got home. I ❤️ that. Plus he had all day to finish “his stuff.” So he was able to jump in on “my stuff” tonight which was great because the first day back to school after two weeks off is exhausting.
“My stuff” tonight included unpacking lunches, repacking lunches, washing the pan from last night (it was soaking in Dawn Power Wash all day), prepping and cooking dinner. We decided on Chicken Fajitas in the air fryer. If you’re interested in the recipe, let me know! It’s fantastic and so easy.
After the beep of the fryer, the smell of the spices and peppers filled the kitchen. My kids munched on chips dipped in salsa, and my husband and I began to warm up the tortillas shells. Mexican friends=don’t look! (We used the microwave!) As I was building a fajita, my husband grabbed a yellow, low-carb, flour tortilla shell from the bag, and WHACKED ME ACROSS THE FACE WITH IT!
Here was a situation where I had a choice- laugh it off. Get mad. Or GET EVEN! A quick pause for my brain to determine which choice is the most fun and memorable moment for my kids to lock in, and then a sneak attack tortilla slap to my husband’s head! The tortilla went flying across the room, landing with a smack on the floor where the dog proceeded to eat it. My kids were giggling, my husband laughing, my smile wide.
That’s it! That’s the fun I want to have every single day this year!
These giggle faces are my favorite ❤️
Comments
Post a Comment