Reflecting on Turning 35: Part 3
February 14, 2023

One. More. Day.
Things I intend to do in my 35th revolution around the sun (with no pressure or consequences if I don’t get to them!):
- Continue exercising regularly. The routine I’ve found is working great for me right now, and I don’t want breaks or summer or vacation to mess with my progress.
- Be outside more-even when it’s cold.
- Master paddle boarding! I want to take my paddle board to Victoria in S. Beloit for sure! I also want to try it on Turtle Creek! Among other places.
- Explore more vegan recipes. Not for any other reason other than I love how much color is on a vegan plate! And the ones I’ve tried recently have been excellent and leave my body feeling strong and healthy.
- Order small sizes of ice cream and French fries. Goodness, Danielle. You don’t need the large. Enjoy your favorites, but a bit is plenty.
- Work on controlling my temper/anger. It gets explosive sometimes… and in year 34, I’ve leaned to recognize my triggers and have started to anticipate and cope, but it needs a little more tightening.
- Be a model to my kids on repenting. Not just asking forgiveness of each other, but also asking God and thanking God for His grace.
- Read more biographies. People are cool. I like to learn about them.
- Drink more gin. Not more LITERALLY. I just mean, I didn’t know I liked gin until recently and now that’s going to be my order from now on.
- Teach my own personal children the difference between there, they’re, and their, and your and you’re.
- I’d like to lead more professional development at my school. Hey, Kim! Ask me! I’m ready and willing!
- Read more Bible study books and journals and participate in discussions with other Godly women who can pray for me and challenge me to grow.
- Rekindle some old friendships.
- I was going to say “try raw sushi” but I changed my mind. Can’t do it. Maybe 36?
- More camping.
- More campfires.
- More hikes.
- More kayaking.
- More dancing.
- More blogging.
- More games.
- More cowbell.
- And of course! MEET ZAC EFRON. I think this might be the year, you guys!
Comments
Post a Comment